Welcome to American Hearing Centers, Inc.
If you need help with hearing, you want to know you're working with someone who truly cares about your health and improving your quality of life. At American Hearing Centers, our focus isn't on selling hearing aids. Our goal is to make you happy with how well you're hearing, so you can get back to spending time with friends and family and enjoying your life. We are especially skilled at solving problems when it comes to hearing loss and hearing aids. We're one of the only hearing aid practices in the region with a complete hearing aid repair lab in our offices. That's because we are dedicated to helping our patients no matter what it takes.
Our Hearing Healthcare Services
Your Hearing Aid Appointment
Whether you come to our Ashtabula or Lake County hearing aid office, you'll find a comfortable, welcoming space with a friendly team ready to help you feel at home. We may be professional experts, but our offices are never cold or clinical. In fact, you'll usually find coffee, cookies, and donuts fresh and ready for you while you wait!
- We always recommend bringing a family member with you. We share a lot of information, and it's helpful to have someone else as a second set of ears to help you keep track of what we tell you. Also, getting hearing aids can be a big decision, so it helps to have someone there to support you and discuss whether it's right for you.
- When we call you back for your appointment, we take the time to get to know you. In order to help you, we need to first understand who you are, what you've been having trouble with, and what you're hoping to get from hearing aids. We want to learn how hearing loss has affected your quality of life because that's what we aim to fix by the time we're finished. We also ask about medications you're taking and your hearing healthcare history so we have the full context of what might have caused your hearing loss.
- We take a look inside your ear to see if everything looks clear and like it should. We use a special device that shows you everything we see in your ear. It's like a video tour of your ear canal! Sometimes we can catch something like earwax physically blocking the ear canal, leading to hearing loss. If we notice anything that may require medical intervention, we refer you to a physician for treatment.
- We give you a full and thorough hearing screening. The testing process is painless and simple, and it paints a picture of your specific hearing loss. We may also give you speech testing. Our hearing evaluations let us know what parts of your hearing are affected, how severe your hearing loss is, where you might have difficulty understanding speech, and what might have caused your hearing loss.
- When we have your results, we explain them in detail. We can illustrate with an easy-to-read audiogram what your hearing loss looks like.
- We make our recommendations based on your hearing loss and what you've told us about how it's affecting your life. We also discuss what you should expect from your hearing aids.
- We never push you to purchase hearing aids. We let you and your family decide what's right for you.
Hearing Aids with Bluetooth Technology
From listening to music to making phone calls, learn about how you can use Bluetooth technology to get the most out of your hearing aids!
Communicating During the Holidays
Understand your family more clearly during these holidays - check out our great tips for improving your communication today!
Communication for All: How People of All Ages Benefit from Better Hearing and Communication
Regardless of age, occupation or gender everyone can benefit from clear communication and healthy hearing. Check out this article, crafted to celebrate Better Hearing and Speech Month.
Over-the-Counter Hearing Aids: What You Need to Know
In August 2017, a law was passed that allows FDA-regulated hearing aids to be sold over the counter instead of by a trained hearing healthcare professional.
Call for a free consultation today!
© 2019 American Hearing Centers, Inc.